YOUR PROJECTS HAVE A SCHEDULING PROBLEM
According to industry analysts, $5+B were spent last year on improving project management skills and processes, as well as various PM/PPM software. Did all these billions cause projects to run faster or more efficiently? Most likely not.
Maybe they were not solving the right problem. Your projects have a scheduling problem if:
1. You have tried creating a single source of truth but people prefer their own “back pocket” schedules
2. You have frequent meetings to resolve schedule/resource conflicts
3. Everyone is constantly firefighting and waiting on someone else
4. People are perpetually overloaded
5. High priority projects get done in half the time – which only means that, with correct scheduling, all projects can get done much faster
If you have a SCHEDULING PROBLEM, improving processes or soft skills WON’T improve project delivery or resource efficiencies. ONLY fixing the scheduling problem will.
PLEASE FIX THE SCHEDULING PROBLEM. THE WORLD IS EAGERLY AWAITING YOUR PROJECTS.